ULLOOR S.PARAMESWARA IYER
- Born on 18 June 1877 Thamarassery Illam at Perunna,Changanassery.
- Commonly known as ULLOOR,was a Malayalam poet and historian.
- His ancestral home was at ulloor,that’s why he came to be known as ULLOOR S.PARAMESWARAN.
- He was one of the triumvirate poets of Kerala.
- He graduated in Philosophy from Maharajas College and joined at Travancore State Services.
- Ulloor published his Mahakavya Umakeralam(is a work of great devotions) in 1914 until the Pandalam Kerala Varma was considered as a complete Mahakavya in Malayalam.
- Some of the best works of Ulloor includes Bhakthideepika and chithrasala.
- His other noted woks are Pingala, MangalaManjari and Karanabhushanam.
- He died on 15 June 1949 .
- After Ulloor’s death Kerala University published one of his most noted work is Kerala Sahithya Charitham which describes the history of Malayalam language ,culture and literarture .